Sunday, August 22, 2010

Audio Field Notes

Can't find an embedded player which plays the native format of the two recorders I have on iPhone. But clicking here should launch the *.m4a field note test file using your browser's default audio player. Or here for an aiff file.

What happened when I launched these two links was the same. My iTunes poped up and played each one just fine. Not elegant, but it works.

The audio files need to be served. I put them on Google Sites and copied the shortcut to them, then pasted that in in the link window on Blogspot. Just takes a minute or so to put them on Google Sites. The m4a file is quite compressed, just about 140k. The aiff file is 10 times as large, but the sound quality is the same so far as I can tell. So I'll use the m4a files on the bundled iPhone recorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment