Sunday, August 22, 2010

Easy Posting of Video!



I do find this quite neat! I've just recorded a short 50 second video in my apartment. I've then followed the instructions to get that video to my You Tube account. (It involves sending the video as an attachment to a unique email address at YouTube.) A few minutes later it becomes available on YouTube. I play it on my lap top. It works (though the sound could be louder). I then look for the "Embed" on that same page. Clicking on it gives me a new page with the code already highlighted. I copy it, then go over to Blogspot, open the "Edit Html" view and copy the code in at the top. Then I enter this text and create the new post. Voila! The YouTube video is available in the post window.

You can even add Subject and Descriptions captions. Put the subject on the Subject line of the email to which you are attaching the video. This becomes the main label ("Notes for YouTube"). Adding further text in the body of the email will become a description label. This is the way it works in Flickr as well. No problem adding tags with the "tag: Notes" including on either the subject line or in the message body.

This makes it very easy to upload video and pictures. (And audio notes -- must check on that as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment